Veritree is an innovative IT services and management data company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. It empowers businesses of all sizes and industries to integrate verified restorative actions into their business model to help save our planet and make it greener. Veritree web app provides transparency throughout the lifecycle of restorative projects, matches these projects with mission-aligned corporate partners, and ensures the projects’ ongoing impacts are authentic and reported.
Although being a young company, Veritree has already succeeded in providing its corporate partners like Hyundai, Samsung, Atmosphere, and others with unique digital experiences and impressive results in restoring our nature’s resources which showcase the size and scope of their global restorative impact.
IT Services and Consulting
trees in the database
tonnes of CO2 sequestered
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Data Management Solution Development Challenges
Our client wanted to make the planet a better place by helping organizations of various sizes, industries, and budgets plant trees, sequester carbon dioxide, and restore ecosystems via a feasible contribution of every willing participant.
For this, they needed to create a brand-new game-changing tree management data app, that could be able to work with multiple databases and combine them into one complete system with real-time visualization of the current progress. So far, such a database management system idea had no examples in the market.
For this project implementation, the chosen company needed to reach the following goals:
- Build from scratch a brand-new user-friendly tree databases management platform;
- Manage the project, estimate the scope of tasks, and control the deadlines;
- Make the tree platform quickly and seamlessly work with several tree databases, combining them into a solid visual system;
- Enable quick and handy viewing, editing, and merging of any data on planted trees;
- Enhance the platform with powerful data visualization and reporting capabilities;
- Provide technical and maintenance support during the whole project, and resolve all the bugs on the user side if any.
For this, the company was looking for highly skilled frontend and backend developers, who are well-versed in workflow automation and have high proficiency in creating SaaS apps. The important factors, among others, were proficient English skills and the fitting time zone of the developers.
After a long period of searching for a fitting custom engineering team, the client has come upon our company profile and has an interview with our developers. They checked our experience with Automation and SI custom services, looked through the data management system examples we can build, and ensured that Fively had the professional knowledge and background they needed, and chose our company for this project. That’s how our fruitful collaboration on the app started in 2022.
How We Created an Innovative Data Management Solution
Fively engineering team was very inspired by this unusual, challenging, and socially important tree database management project idea. Our frontend and backend specialists used several innovative architecture solutions and a brand new UI to create Veritree - one of the best data visualization tools of this kind available on the market.
During this project on visual data management, we provided not only professional development services and well-commented and tested code, we supervised all the sprints on our own, estimating the scope of tasks, setting deliverable deadlines, and communicating with the client’s team daily. That’s what our project looked like.
Project Architecture. From the technical side, we chose React library to build a catching and user-friendly UI for the tree management app, while Python and Rest API we used to create cutting-edge backend logic for the app.
Team Structure. We implemented the whole scope of the project’s tasks with 3 of our senior software engineers: 2 for the frontend, and 1 for the backend tasks. Both of them were experts in Cloud and automation solutions development. We also provided the team with a dedicated project manager to supervise the project flow.
Communication tools. During the project implementation, we used Slack for daily discussions within the team of any initiatives and possible changes in the project, and Jira for task status tracking and management. We also provided our client with weekly detailed standups to ensure clear communication and used e-mails if needed for sending follow-up notes.
These technical and workflow management decisions allowed us to successfully cover all the projects’ goals, stay creative and flexible, and deliver one of the best tree database managers available in the market.
Veritree Project Results
In this use case for tree database management, we created from scratch a brand-new tree management database with a robust functionality Veritree. It’s now widely used all around the world and helps organizations manage data on trees, making our planet a better and greener place. Here’re the project results in detail:
- We built from scratch a brand-new cloud platform that helps to manage data on planted trees, and provides users with catching UI, 100% secure on-site registration and identity-access management automation, and a bunch of handy personalization settings;
- Our management and architecture decisions allowed make the platform to work seamlessly and quickly with several databases so that users can switch between various sheets in no time and enjoy quick and handy viewing, editing, and merging data on planted trees;
- We enhanced the tree platform with several types of data visualization so that users can get real-time charts of planted trees, visualize any related data, and get other data visualization examples and reports whenever they need them;
- We provided technical and maintenance support during the whole project, resolved all the bugs on the user, and optimized the app’s speed.
Thus, we fully managed the project and finished it in a really short timeline, so that the Veritree team was highly satisfied with the top-market managed database on planted trees we build. As a result of our fruitful cooperation with Veritree, more than 12 424 600 trees were already planted worldwide, more than 18 000 tonnes of CO2 is already sequestered, and, what’s also important, as many as 2 560 people were employed during the Veitree projects’ duration.
Our specialists always pay close attention to the tech stack used in data managing web development projects. To implement all the needed visualizing data app features, we used the following modern tools and technologies:
- Rest API
Fively software engineers are big fans of implementing challenging data management solution examples and data visualization case studies from scratch. Take a look at other examples of data visualization projects created by our specialists for various business niches.