About the Client
Our client is an eCommerce company headquartered in San Francisco, the USA. It specializes in selling bottled water to B2C and B2B customers. They have a custom-built CMS on their product ordering website, which allows to significantly automate and facilitate the way people and organizations buy water.
The company is a solid player in the eCommerce market, as for more than 90 years they have been creating and distributing new products based on customer preferences and greatly expanded their geography. The company also pays special attention to supporting non-profit organizations, various local community events, as well as people in need. Its core mission is to provide all people with the best possible digital experience via its water ordering website, contributing to overall industry digitalization and growth throughout the USA.
raise in bulk and pre-ordering
states companies choose our client
customer satisfaction rate
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Custom CMS for Product Ordering Website Challenges
The client wanted to create a brand-new CMS product ordering platform that could automate and simplify the way people buy water depending on their personal preferences, and make the whole process digital and flawless. They wanted to get a maintainable and scalable custom solution ideally fitting their business needs throughout the USA.
Thus, they were looking for highly skilled engineers, who can create a custom CMS solution from scratch, and are also well-versed in cloud services and backend toolsets. The chosen software development solutions provider needed to reach the following goals for this project:
- Develop a custom CMS with business-tailored functionality
- Provide branded CMS page order design with a user-friendly layout
- Enable detailed product search, assortment, and customization
- Tune highly flexible product ordering, payment, and delivery features
- Eliminate all bugs on the user side and ensure high webpage performance
- Provide technical support of the ready-made CMS ordering platform
The client needed to get a professional and trusted CMS solutions provider, able to ease and digitalize the way people buy water with the help of out-of-the-box user-friendly solutions. Fively software specialists have already worked with the client on several successful bulk ordering website projects before, so they were happy to work with us once more. After a short interview with our frontend developers, they told us all their project vision and the desired result, and our fruitful collaboration started.
How Fively Built a Custom CMS for Product Ordering Website
To create this custom CMS ordering platform, we deeply analyzed our client’s business niche, the preferred workflow tools and methods, their brand book and company design, as well as principles they wanted to follow. The main idea was to create a handy digital platform, that would ease and optimize the process of ordering water for customers from all states.
We built the architecture for the future CMS from scratch, followed the best UI/UX practices, and used all our previous experience in eCommerce website creation to come up with this game-changing water ordering digital platform:
Project architecture: We created a custom bulk ordering website from scratch using React, and turned to Contentful CMS toolset to tune the platform management. We used Auth0 to enable flexible CMS authentication and authorization procedures, and PHP for the backend.
Team structure: We implemented the full scope of this bulk order website project goals with 2 of our senior frontend engineers, who have profound expertise in CMS platforms, and possess good knowledge of PHP toolsets and libraries.
Communication tools: We shared the project’s progress on daily standups, monthly retrospectives, and reports with the client. We also discussed all the possible improvements and new tasks at the end of each sprint. For daily communication, we used Slack and Jira.
After 6 months of the project duration, we launched the custom CMS ordering platform, that met our client’s expectations, and was highly appreciated by customers:
- We created from scratch a robust business-tailored CMS for ordering bottled water, that includes a sophisticated algorithm of assortment and tuning the needed products. Thus, all the platform users can easily find the product they need according to the preferred parameters;
- We tuned the highly flexible product ordering, payment, and delivery features at the platform for customers from all 50 states, including pre- and bulk ordering, as well as various recurring payment options;
- We made the whole water ordering process totally transparent and digital, turning it into a 1-minute task, which soon resulted in 40% raise in bottled water bulk and pre-ordering;
- Our engineers ensured secure and fast registration and authentification procedures on the platform so that users can save their preferred products, compile shopping lists, and add them to their shopping cart for the future or recurring purchases;
- We created a user-friendly CMS layout, tuned the platform performance, and eliminated all the bugs on the user side. We ensured the stable and fast performance of the platform, which has got the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
I was impressed with the insightful ideas of Fively developers and the speed of project delivery. The team helped us with the platform's initial launch, and if there were small changes introduced by us they still managed those within the deadline. We are pleased that we found a flexible and reliable partner that works well in a changing space.
CEO at the eCommerce company
Fively engineers professionally create multi-tasking and flexible web portal solutions to help companies from various domains cover their business needs. In this ordering website we used the following tools and technologies.
- Contentful CMS
Our CMS development specialists create brand-new solutions for different industries, which help businesses automate their workflow and boost performance. Feel free to check out these order website examples.