About Our Client
DermSource is a dermatology GPO headquartered in New York, the USA. It serves more than 800 pharmacies in all 50 states with IT solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. The company's mission is to improve the healthcare industry of the USA and help consumers receive the needed treatment at an affordable price, that’s why membership in their brand-new CMS pharma platform is free.
The company works with CityMedRx, a VAWD accredited wholesaler and distributor, which allows DermSource to get competitive prices for all its dermatology products. Having its main driver in transparent and fair deals for all the platform participants, it retains a profit margin of no more than 3%, while all the products are 30%-60% cheaper than provided by the average GPO. DermSource is a brand-new CMS solution in pharma, that revolutionized the industry by leveraging the purchasing power of pharmacies, eliminating shadow supply chains, and obtaining discounts from vendors based on their collective buying power.
pharmacies are being served
specialty dermatology products providers participate
30% - 60%
cheaper products than at the average GPO
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Challenges of an eCommerce Website for Pharmaceutical Company
DermSource aimed at revolutionizing the pharmaceutical industry in the USA itself, as the main challenge they wanted to overcome was that numerous companies simply didn’t communicate with each other. It led to difficulties in the provision, the appearance of shadow supply chains, and precocious price growth across the industry, which resulted in customer loss.
DermSource wanted to solve this problem with the help of a single revolutionary platform instead of numerous pharmaceutical industry websites, where each company could find the dermatology product and buy it at an affordable price. The client needed to get a user-friendly but robust CMS with the potential to become one of the best pharmaceutical websites across the USA.
Thus, the software provider needed to reach the following goals as a result of this project implementation:
- Create a robust eCommerce platform with a custom CMS
- Provide branded pharmaceutical website templates
- Help to manage the project, estimate the scope of tasks, and set deadlines
- Enable secure and fast on-site registration, authorization, and orders processing
- Set smart personal account and shopping cart management
- Tune the platform speed, and eliminate all possible bugs on the user side
- Provide technical support and maintenance for the platform
DermSource was looking for talented engineering specialists, able to create a brand-new CMS solution and revolutionize the pharmaceutical industry. Among the main criteria were also a fitting time zone and a high level of English among the developers to ensure a smooth communication process. The client paid attention to our Clutch page and, after an interview with our developers, they finally found what they were looking for.
We discussed the project details, signed all the needed documents, and started our fruitful collaboration with DermSource.
How Fively Created a Custom CMS for Pharmaceutical Company
During this project implementation, we used state-of-the-art technologies and out-of-the-box architecture design to provide the pharmaceutical company with website templates that could revolutionize the whole pharmaceutical industry.
Project architecture: To create this eCommerce platform, we used the React, React-admin, and Redux frameworks for the Frontend, React Amplify for the Backend, and AWS as a cloud service provider.
Team structure: We implemented the full scope of the project goals with 3 of our senior Frontend engineers, who are also well-versed in Backend and cloud services.
We have also paid special attention to communication during the project. We helped manage the scope of tasks, evaluated their complexity, divided them into sprints, and set deliverable deadlines. Our engineers had daily project discussions with the client, where we shared our progress, solved all the arising issues, and chose the best fitting technical solutions:
Communication tools: We had daily standups to provide the client with our project’s progress, as well as used Jira for task status tracking and Slack for short discussions of any issues.
Results of the Cooperation with DermSource
Only after 4 months of the project duration, we launched the custom platform, that revolutionized IT solutions for the pharmaceutical industry and made supply chains fully transparent. DermSource became the marketplace, where pharmacies can not only buy products but communicate with each other. As a result of our cooperation we reached the following goals:
- We created from scratch a robust platform for a pharmaceutical company with a custom CMS. This CMS leveraged pharmaceutical pricing for more than 800 participants throughout the USA and made purchases totally transparent, eliminating shadow supply chains;
- We set a unique pharmaceutical website design, which made it one of the most preferable, flexible, and user-friendly pharma IT solutions both for purchases and collaboration if compared to other pharmaceutical websites;
- Our specialists ensured secure and fast on-site registration on the website for pharmaceutical company, so that only authorized members of the community can purchase products, and there can be no shadow supply chains or damping;
- Fively engineers set smart personal account and shopping cart management to help customers quickly find the needed products and enable fast orders processing;
- We checked the platform performance, ensured that all the bugs on the user side were eliminated, and provided continuous technical support and maintenance.
Our software specialists aim at creating smart and flexible web portal solutions, which are easy to adopt and maintain. To develop this website for a pharmaceutical company, we chose the following state-of-the-art technologies.
- AWS Amplify
Our prodigy specialists create game-changing eCommerce solutions with custom CMS tailored for different industries’ needs. Discover how they can improve your workflow and raise KPIs in the following case studies.
DermSource's willingness to refer
pharmacies are being served