Sellix is a young and promising SaaS startup headquartered in Bolognia, Italy, which specializes in eCommerce platform development. Their product, Sellix.io, is a robust B2B and B2C eCommerce platform built for e-stores and digital entrepreneurs. It offers customers all over the world everything they need to create, grow, and manage their online products and stores.
Despite being a new solution on the market, Sellix has already gained a huge customer base of more than 1 million users and launched more than 619K eCommerce products. Ultimate customization, reach flexibility, international support to customers, and a bunch of powerful add-ons help its users deliver products more effectively and make it one of the best multi-store eCommerce platforms on the market.
9 months, ongoing
million active users
eCommerce products created
protected against cyber attacks
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Challenges of an eCommerce Platform Creation
Sellix team was looking for strong engineering support to add brand-new features to their eCommerce platform. They also wanted to redesign, refactor, and upgrade some of its previously written parts.
They aimed at turning their solution into an ultimate customizable eCommerce platform with an impressive set of features that could allow sellers to create their own e-store, as well as upload, modify, and sell digital products in several minutes. What is the main eCommerce platform development challenge they wanted to overcome? It lay in making all new parts of the system work well with each other as well as with the features they wanted to upgrade.
To do this, our engineers needed to become an integrated part of the already existing development Sellix team and become its front-line force. Here is the full list of the project goals we needed to achieve:
- Help to scope, deliver, and manage the tasks on the redesign of the existing parts of the system and adding new functionality;
- Build, test, and deploy new eCommerce platform features providing deep customization of the system parts;
- Enable quick, flexible, and simple embedding of the platform products into 3rd party solutions;
- Rework the platform admin panel for better security, data control, and more flexible management options;
- Tune the platform speed, as well as fix arising bugs, and solve any issues on the client side, if any;
- Provide continuous technical support and maintenance for the platform.
In other words, the client needed SaaS engineering help to build a super user-friendly but robust CMS with
To achieve this ambitious goal, Sellix chose Fively as the best-fitting eCommerce platform developer with impressive experience in building custom CMS solutions. We discussed the project details, signed all the needed documents, and started our fruitful collaboration with Sellix in 2022 that continues up until now and has awesome results.
How We Created an Ultimate SaaS eCommerce Platform
During this eCommerce management platform project implementation, we worked in close cooperation with the client’s development team. We not only used a state-of-the-art toolset and out-of-the-box architecture design to provide Sellix with the best possible bespoke eCommerce platform delivery. We also helped to manage and estimate the project tasks, and set deliverable deadlines. Here is how the whole process looked in detail:
Project architecture. To create this API-based eCommerce platform, we used the React and Vue.js libraries for the frontend, Node.js platform and PHP language to build logic for the backend, and Git for effective source code management.
Team structure. We implemented the full scope of the project goals with 3 of our senior full-stack engineers, who are well-versed both in frontend and in backend toolsets and have a rich background in cloud services.
Communication tools. We have paid special attention to communication during this multi-vendor eCommerce platform development project. Fively had very productive discussions and fruitful brainstorms with the client’s development team on all the project questions and stumbling blocks, and we solved them together by choosing the best possible solution. It was an excellent experience working together with the Sellix team.
Also, each week we provided the client with detailed standups where we shared our progress and insights on this B2B eCommerce website development project, solved all the arising issues, and chose the best-fitting technical solutions. We used Jira for task status tracking, as well as email and Slack for short discussions of any issues.
The Project Results
Working in close collaboration with the client’s development team, we turned Sellix into one of the top eCommerce platform solutions worldwide. Only after 9 months of this project duration, we have already achieved all its major goals: we greatly improved the platform performance and speed, fixed all the bugs on the user side, and enriched it with a set of ultimate customization features. As a result of our cooperation on this enterprise eCommerce platform development project Sellix eCommerce platform has got the following benefits:
- We totally redesigned and refactored several already existing parts of the client’s eCommerce system, and made them much more functional, flexible, performative, and user-friendly. Now customers can use any part of this multi-channel eCommerce platform to create the product they need in seconds. As for now, more than 619.000 eCommerce products were created using Sellix.
- We added rich functionality to the system, that allows totally customize your eCommerce platform. Thus, customers can either choose one of our fully-customizable, professionally-designed themes or tailor them even deeper to fit their products and branding.
- We enabled quick, flexible, and simple embedding of the platform products into 3rd party multi-vendor software, which made it one of the most preferable, flexible, and user-friendly custom eCommerce solutions on the global market. More than 1 million sellers have already registered on the platform.
- We deeply reworked the platform admin panel for better security, data control, and more flexible management options. Only in 2022, Sellix system automatically took down more than 31.000 products that violated the company’s terms of service. Thus, with Sellix customer shops and products are always safe, and protected from fraud.
- We tuned the overall platform speed, as well as fixed all the arising bugs, and solved all issues on the client side. At the moment we continue to provide the needed technical support and maintenance for the Sellix eCommerce system.
As a result, Sellix became one the of most popular eCommerce marketplace platform solutions on the market, where individuals and e-stores can not only sell digital products but enhance their further growth and success all over the world.
Our software specialists always use state-of-the-art technologies to create smart, robust, and flexible web portal solutions. For this eCommerce software development project, we chose the following toolset:
Our talented engineers aim at creating game-changing eCommerce platform software with custom CMS tailored for specific business needs. Take a look at such solutions examples and discover how they can improve your workflow and boost KPIs.