An advertising eCommerce company that provides personalized patent-pending text messaging software for online retailers and media companies. The text message eCommerce SaaS platform allows retailer companies to engage with the consumers 1:1, upsell on existing orders, drive repeat purchases, and recover abandoned shopping carts via SMS and MMS.
1+ year, ongoing
growth in consumer conversion rate
increase in customer engagement
raise in Shopify abandoned cart recovery
Need Help With a Project?
Drop us a line, let’s arrange a discussion
The Challenges of a Handy Shopify Extension Development
The client was looking for strong engineer support to strengthen their team and scale the existing server infrastructure.
Thus, for this browser extension development project we needed not just to build a custom application and set the needed infrastructure from scratch. Our mission was to become an integrated part of the already existing development team and its front line force for reaching the following goals:
- Help to scope projects and set deliverable dates;
- Build and scale a shopping service MessageBuy - an extension for Shopify;
- Arrange SMS shopping cart notifications for users who abandone the cart;
- Rework clients’ server infrastructure on a Shopify cloud platform;
- Provide continuous technical and maintenance support;
- Fix arising bugs and solve any issues, if any.
After all the documentation was signed, we started our fruitful collaboration upon the development and maintenance of a custom Shopify extension MessageBuy, that continues up until now and has impressive results.
How Fively Helped MessageBuy
In this Shopify case study, we provided top-tier management of the project at all development stages: provided precise analysis of the client’s business needs, proposed an optimized team structure, the suiting server architecture, the right tools to provide a smooth deployment process:
Project Architecture: To create this Shopify chrome extension, we decided to use Shopify and AWS platform and infrastructure services, Google and Stripe APIs, and DevOps techniques of agile development and flawless integration.
Team Structure: We analyzed the given scope of the client’s goals, and realized that 1 back-end specialist, requested by the client initially, is not enough for the project. We proposed the team structure optimization, and the client agreed on 3 full-stack and 1 DevOps specialist as the fitting team size.
Communication tools: We used Trello for task status tracking and management and Slack for direct communication with clients on any initiatives.
Post-production support: we arranged qualified technical support of our Shopify Сhrome extension to monitor performance, and get ahead of any potential server issues.
All these improvements allowed us to successfully cover all the client’s goals and get great project results on application work.
Results: Shopify SMS Notifications and Abandoned Cart Recovery
As a result of close cooperation with the client, we have built a shopping notifications service MessageBuy that has the following features:
- We build an extension for Shopify MessageBuy that optimized the process of marketing and sales communication, made it fully automated in comparison with other shopping notifications services, and saves time on the information processing. It has a free trial and strong customer support.
- We created a system of automated and personalized Shopify text messages, which involves consumers buying and allows raising sales up to 40% and consumer engagement rate up to 78% thanks to SMS marketing messages.
- Due to our Shopify cart abandonment software, we’ve made abandoned cart recovery an easy 3-minute setup process that’s fully automated and does not require any human interaction from merchants. Plus, the app can provide you a free 2-weeks audit of why your customers abandone cart notification Shopify and how to minimize this.
Client’s feedback on the quality of our cooperation:
Darren Pierce, CEO at MessageBuy, commented in his review on Clutch “Custom Software Dev for Text Messaging Company” on our close collaboration throughout the year: “The team at Fively provides a service with consistent results and little issues. Their project management style is top-tier. Their team helped us scope projects and set deliverable dates. I was most impressed with their communication. They were happy to get on a Zoom call at any time to talk through anything.” He also marked our quality of software development, schedule of work, cost of our services, and willingness to refer and help as 5 out of 5.
For any tech issues that came up, they provided frontline support. From a project management standpoint, they were 10 out of 10. Customers can expect a smooth collaboration.
CEO at MessageBuy
We always care about choosing the best fitting software tools and technologies for our projects. At this Shopify case study our specialists decided on the following prominent tech stack:
- Google API
- Stripe API