About the Tickets Booking Application Development Company
Our client is a famous transport and travel arrangements company, which offers train trips throughout Europe. Headquartered in the UK, they aim at making Europe’s most loved travel experience through their travel booking all-in-one application.
Combining a deep understanding of the traveling industry with their state-of-the-art web app, they provide customers with a super-handy way of buying tickets and arranging a trip across multiple European countries.
As for now, their traveling app has been downloaded from the AppStore more than 1 million times, and it continues to gain popularity not only in Europe but across the globe.
active platform users
security of customers’ information
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Challenges of Creating an Application for Ticket Booking
Creating a top-tier traveling platform, designed to optimize and streamline the way people arrange their trips and buy tickets, was a challenging task that demanded lots of domain expertise and experience in creating custom software solutions. The client aspired to develop a smart ticket sale app and platform that could make the whole process of choosing a destination, and buying tickets a flawless 5-minute task.
For this ticket booking app development project, the client was looking for a highly professional web app development provider to strengthen their in-house team. And due to the fact that the envisioned platform should not only make the tickets booking process flawless but also provide top-tire security for all financial and banking operations within it, the chosen software team should also have deep knowledge of financial asset management systems development best practices, as well as deep expertise in system integration services.
The client’s vision was to create a responsive, user-friendly system that would display real-time info on the coming trains, travel destinations, and allow customers to book all these things in several clicks. Here is the full suit of the project requirements the client wanted to be covered by chosen custom booking app development team:
- Collaborate with the client’s team, managing project timelines, and providing accurate sprint task assessments;
- Develop a robust traveling platform capable of serving thousands of concurrent users, handling complex traveling calculations, and providing secure customer transactions;
- Create a responsive, modern, and catchy website design, so that users can easily choose the needed destination or train, and compile their trip;
- Build a secure, intuitive, and handy user account for the app, with the history of the purchased tickets, recent destinations, and personalized offers including previous travels;
- Ensure the platform's security measures and performance, protecting sensitive information and guaranteeing a seamless user experience.
The client started to search for a suitable software team and stumbled upon our company's online profile. Our extensive portfolio with intricate and out-of-the-box web applications resonated with them, prompting a meeting to discuss their visionary project. As a result, they chose Fively to assist in bringing their unique travel booking app development project to life, and our fruitful collaborative journey started in early 2022.
How We Created a Game-Changing App For Booking Digital Tickets
During this innovative traveling project, our engineers aligned their working methods with the client’s team internal processes, becoming an integral part of their team. Our competent management was instrumental in supervising each phase of the project, leading to the triumphant development of this innovative train ticket scanner tool.
Project Architecture. We used the following set of tools to engineer this ticket reservation platform:
- React - to build a modern and robust framework for the digital train ticket platform;
- Redux - this library was used for data fetching, transforming, and management;
- Node.js - to provide API development of the e-platform for ticket purchases;
- Express.js - to enable the app to handle large amounts of traffic with ease.
Team Structure. We covered all the needed train ticket scanner app functionality with the help of two of our senior fullstack developers skilled in React and Node.js toolsets, and our highly experted DevOps specialist.
Communication tools. Throughout the project duration, we upheld a clear and consistent communication channel with the client. Our typical workday comprised prompt progress updates and annotations on Notion, a Zoom session to assess task volume and establish delivery timelines, along with necessary follow-up correspondences. For immediate communication and swift deliberations, we leveraged Slack.
Digital Train Tickets Project Results
Working in partnership with the client’s team, we successfully developed a robust and secure digital train tickets app that makes the process of arranging a trip a 1-minute procedure for customers and can handle large amounts of traffic every day. This is what we came up with in particular:
- We ensured clear and frequent communication with the client, proactive timeline management, and precise evaluation of sprint tasks. The project was completed within the established timeline, overcoming various challenges and meeting the client's high expectations with a dedicated, synergistic effort.
- We used the full suite of modern technological tools to develop a robust traveling platform capable of serving thousands of concurrent users, handling complex traveling calculations, and providing secure customer transactions.
- We successfully designed a contemporary, visually appealing UI for the website, capable of performing intricate travel computations swiftly and accurately. The platform also incorporates a secure payment gateway to facilitate safe and seamless transactions, catering to the pressing needs of a vast user base.
- In response to the user account requirements, we built a secure and user-friendly account interface. It maintains a history of ticket purchases, and recent destinations, and offers a personalized recommendation system based on the user's travel history. This has resulted in an enhanced user experience and boosted user engagement, significantly contributing to customer retention.
- One of our top priorities was ensuring the platform's security and performance. We successfully implemented advanced cybersecurity measures, effectively protecting sensitive user data and transaction information.
Our work on this project was highly appreciated by the client, which showcases Fively's commitment to delivering high-quality, custom software solutions that meet our client's unique needs and contribute to their business success.
The platform's effectiveness and ease of use were highly appreciated by both the client and its users, which have already downloaded the ticketing app more than 1 million times. It makes the platform one of the most popular solutions of this kind on the travel market.
At Fively, we know first-hand how important it is to choose suitable technologies for our projects. In this railway app development case study, our team of engineers utilized a well-rounded and modern toolset, aligning perfectly with the needs of an all-in-one platform for digital ticket purchases.