About the Client
Our client is an outstanding SaaS startup headquartered in California. It is focused on providing innovative HR compensation software, which fully automates HR surveys and calculations on a salary. This platform works with well-known compensation surveys like Mercer, Radford, McLagan, Willis Towers Watson, and Culpepper.
The platform allows HR specialists to know the market price automatically with no offline analysis and additional matching tasks. It also has a robust Tableau-based report and visualization feature, allowing to represent the collected data in a handy way, and boosting decision-making across the departments.
Despite being a young company, our client works with numerous customers all over the world, including those from the Fortune 100 and 500 listings, as well as Insurance and Healthcare enterprises from the USA.
of reports are automated and data-based
surveys completed for the companies sized 10-35,000 workers
times less time spent on HR surveys
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
Challenges of Creating HR Compensation Software Solutions
Market pricing is of core importance for businesses of all sizes and industries, but for too long HR departments needed to perform all the required research and computations manually, like it was a century ago. Our client, being an outstanding SaaS startup, decided to change the face of the market pricing, and make it truly digital, automated, and state-of-the-art.
Our customer wanted to free HR specialists from the burden of clunky and hard-to-use software and the painful process of annual data migration. They decided to create an HRM system that could be totally digital, easy to use, and fast due to automated manual workflows, robust data collection, visualization, and reporting features. They want to help all HR professionals with a solution that can cover their needs and become a handy tool for everyday tasks.
In other words, they were looking for a software vendor able to reach the following goals:
- Build from scratch a robust HR compensation software with custom functionality;
- Automate the process of data collection, research, migration, and structuring of the gained results;
- Provide the platform with powerful computational, data visualization, and structure modeling capabilities;
- Enable bug-free work of the HRM system with hundreds of variable values;
- Ensure high scalability, flexibility, and security of the system for various business plans available;
- Provide full technical support and maintenance for the compensation software.
Thus, the client was looking for highly skilled frontend and backend engineers with a strong background in cloud infrastructure, able to create the fitting architecture and build such a robust solution from scratch. They also wanted to be sure that the possible candidates possessed a proficient level of English, as they wanted them to become an integral part of their in-house software team.
That’s how the client came upon our company profile and decided to set up an introductory call. During the call, they shared the project details, requirements, and expectations, and soon after that, the client chose Fively as the best-suiting software company for the project implementation. Our fruitful collaboration on a common project started in 2020 and lasted for 17 months.
How We Built Software for the HR Department: an Online HRM System
During this project, Fively frontend and backend engineers worked closely with the client’s in-house team to build a game-changing HR compensation tool, using the strategy described below.
Project architecture. Our React engineers used the full potential of this framework to create smart, user-friendly, and intuitive interface for this HRM management system, while our backend specialists completed all the needed operations using the Node.js platform and AWS robust infrastructure capabilities.
Team structure. To implement the full scope of this HR soft compensation project tasks, we involved 5 highly-proficient backend and 4 of our senior frontend engineers, who are also well-versed in utilizing the AWS toolset.
Communication tools. During this project on creating ERP software for HR departments, we worked closely with the client’s software team and ensured the top level of transparency upon the project’s progress. We provided the client with daily stand-ups as well as weekly meetings to talk about the current status of the team, manage the project delivery, and discuss any arising technical issues. We mainly used email and Slack for in-team communication, as well as GitHub for project management and status updates.
The chosen communication, technical, and team management solutions allowed us to successfully cover all the compensation software HR project’s goals, implement a rich set of custom features, and build a transparent and partner-like cooperation model with the client.
Results of the Software Project for the HR Department
The client, just as the final users of the created HR compensation software, were highly satisfied with the platform. Working together with the client's in-house development team, we created one of the best software for HR departments, available in the market. Below you can find the project results in detail.
- We built from scratch robust HR compensation software with custom and scalable functionality. Its users can choose the fitting business plan, and turn on more capabilities right when they need them.
- Our engineers made the process of data collection, research, market pricing, and structuring of the gained results fully automated, so HR specialists spend 3 times less time on the surveys.
- The results of the surveys can be easily re-used, extended with new locations and job families, migrated to external resources, or shared with various customers’ company departments in several clicks.
- We provided the platform with powerful computational, structure modeling, and data visualization capabilities for new salary ranges, including detailed level mapping, and data cut prioritization for various locations. Thus, HR compensation software customers can get a visual report on the results gained in real time.
- Fively specialists enabled 100% secure and bug-free work of the HRM system with hundreds of variable values such as country, industry, position, role, experience, etc., and provided full technical support and maintenance for the compensation software.
As for now, as many as 85 surveys have been already completed for companies sized 10-35,000 workers, and the number of platform customers from prestigious listings like Fortune 100 and 500 is constantly growing.
Fively has helped us work our way to an initial launch, developing a product that most users have been satisfied with. The team has a way of working quickly and being highly involved in daily and weekly meetings, which has fostered a good working relationship between our team and Fively. They know what they’re doing and are just good engineers, overall.
CEO at the SaaS startup
Technology Stack for the Compensation Software Solution
We pay close attention to choosing the best software tools and technologies for our projects. This cloud compensation software was created using the following tech stack: