About the Client
Our client is a young and promising healthtech company based in Berlin, Germany. It aims to empower patients and doctors throughout the country with better communication and better decisions making by leveraging data.
With this in mind, our client follows a mission to bring healthcare into the 21st century through excellent quality of data, real-time communication, and daily operations automation. Their innovative online patient management system has already proved to remove any obstacles that stand in doctor-patient communication and was awarded 5 out of 5 possible stars at customer review platforms like Google and Jameda.
patients visits in 2022
at Google and Jameda
client’s willingness to refer
Do you have a similar idea?
Get a free estimation!
What Is Patient Management System Development Challenge?
Our client, being a young and ambitious startup, wasn’t satisfied with the overall effectiveness of services in the Healthcare domain in Germany: compared to other industries, it felt outdated, cumbersome, and stuck in the past.
The main reason for concerns was the lack of quick and direct communication between patients and doctors, and our client decided to fix this problem with the help of the latest technologies. They wanted to create a powerful patient information management system that could:
- Close the gap between doctors and patients via easy appointment scheduling and booking;
- Help people achieve the needed info on doctors and treatment on time
- Be simple in use, catching, informative, and highly performative;
- Provide patients with a holistic approach and 100% personalized treatments;
- Promote the use of online healthcare services throughout the whole of Germany.
Thus, the client decided to build a brand-new online healthcare solution from the ground app that could revolutionize the whole healthcare domain in Germany. For this, they were looking for talented and highly skilled frontend developers who have solid experience in healthcare solutions development to strengthen their in-house team.
The chosen engineering team should be well-versed in web app development, particularly PWA development, as well as the AWS toolset, to implement the full list of online patient management systems requirements, namely:
- Together with the client’s team, manage the patient data management system project implementation and provide the assessment of the tasks for sprints;
- Build a catching, modern, and intuitive UI for the patients' management software that could be easy to use and help people quickly book appointments with the doctors they need;
- Enable quick and 100% secure work of the app, including on-site appointment scheduling and booking in clinics throughout the whole Germany;
- Assist with technical support and maintenance during the entire social development network project's duration, and resolve any bugs on the user's behalf if necessary.
The client was in active search for a fitting custom engineering solutions provider, and finally, they came upon our company profile and set up an interview with our frontend specialists. They ensured our engineers’ proficiency with Chrome extension development and System Integration solutions and chose our company for this innovative project. That’s how our collaboration on creating a top-market patient care management system started in 2022.
How Fively Created Dental Patient Management Software
Right from the start of this innovative project, our team of engineers seamlessly integrated with the client's in-house specialists, becoming a core component of their team.
In addition to delivering state-of-the-art frontend development services and thoroughly tested and well-documented code, we also assisted in managing the project across all stages, guaranteeing that the patient management system software met the highest standards of quality. That’s what our project looked like.
Project Architecture: To build a catchy but user-friendly frontend for the app, we used the architecture described below.
- React - to create a smart, user-friendly, and intuitive UI for the app;
- Next.js - to enable server-side rendering and web page caching;
- Webpack - to build apps sources into static bundles via plugins for code optimization;
- AWS - to host the app in the Cloud infrastructure.
Team Structure: All the goals of the project were successfully achieved by our team of 2 senior frontend developers with extensive experience in AWS and Google Cloud Migration services.
Communication tools: To ensure transparency, we maintained constant communication flow with the client's team throughout the project duration. We scheduled weekly group discussions to estimate the scope of tasks and set deliverable deadlines, shared daily status updates during standups, and sent follow-up notes via e-mail. For quick discussions regarding potential project changes or initiatives, we used Jira and Slack.
The chosen architectural, communication, and management decisions allowed us to successfully achieve all project goals, maintain creativity and flexibility, and develop one of the most exceptional online patient management systems in the market.
Working together with the client’s team, we created a brand-new online healthcare solution that enabled easy and quick patient-doctor communication:
- In close cooperation with the client's team, we successfully estimated the scope of tasks, set deliverable deadlines, proposed fitting architectural decisions, and utilized agile methodologies to implement the project objectives.
- Fively frontend specialists designed an engaging, contemporary, and user-friendly UI for an online patient management software, making it effortless for patients to book appointments with doctors across 54 clinics throughout Germany.
- Our engineers ensured the app's seamless and secure operation, including on-site appointment scheduling and booking, so that individuals could receive highly personalized treatment whenever needed.
- We also assisted with technical and maintenance support throughout the project development, rectifying all user-side bugs and optimizing the app's speed, ensuring visitors to the platform could experience a seamless, convenient, and pleasurable online healthcare experience.
As a result, the solution we built together with the client’s team was highly appreciated both by the client and by the patients and was awarded 5 stars out of 5 possible at famous platforms like AppStore and Jameda. Plus, in 2022 alone, the platform was visited by more than 100,000 patients, and this number continues to grow, promoting the use of online healthcare services throughout the whole of Germany.
At Fively, we make it our priority to use the latest technologies both web and mobile patient management software. In the course of this project's implementation, our team of engineers used a diverse range of cutting-edge tools and technologies, including:
Our engineers love to develop unique patient management software, as they are keen on solving challenging out-of-the-box engineering tasks. Please, take a look at similar solutions created by Fively specialists for various business niches.